Top 5 Favorite Books I Read in 2014
- Chaos by Sarah Fine - The conclusion to one of my favorite series that I believe deserves more attention. I'm sad it's over, but I couldn't have asked for a better ending.
- Easy by Tammara Webber - This book definitely lived up to all the high praise it has received. It was an emotional and amazing read.
- Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews - One of my favorite urban fantasy series. Each book has been awesome and addicting so far.
- Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine - Loved the characters and the setting. It would have been satisfying as a stand-alone, but having a sequel makes it even better.
- Spiral by Mila Ferrera - This book surprised me. It was unexpected, heartbreaking, and different from other new adult stories I've read.
Top 5 Books Released in 2014 I Still Need to Read
- Breakable by Tammara Webber - Well, I loved Easy, so of course I need to read this one.
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - I've been waiting YEARS for this!
- Rival by Penelope Douglas - Loved Madoc in the first two books.
- Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead - I actually started this months ago. I need to finish it so that I can get excited for The Ruby Circle.
- This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - The first book was amazing, and I'm sure this will be too.
Top 5 Books Releasing in 2015 I Can't Wait to Read
- Blood Queen by Rhiannon Hart - It was suppose to come out this year, but the release date moved to 2015. That cliffhanger from book 2...!
- Burned by Karen Marie Moning - Another one that was suppose to come out this year. I'm pretty much dying for this book!
- End of Days by Susan Ee - I had a feeling it would be out next year, but I'm shocked it's coming out in May. That's not too far. Yay!
- Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine - Although the first book could have been a stand-alone, I was so happy when I found out there was going to be a sequel!
- The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I think the Covenant series will always be my favorite books by JLA, so I'm very excited for this spinoff!
Top 5 Bookish Goals for 2015
- Buy a bookshelf - There's stacks of books growing on my floor because I ran out of shelf space... I need a new one! I plan on buying a 5-shelf case next month.
- Go to a book event - I caught a cold (which almost led to bronchitis) & missed YALLFest in November. I was so disappointed! Some of my favorite authors were there this year too. :'( I'm hoping to try again in 2015. And maybe the SC Book Festival in May.
- Read at least 25 books - That includes those 10 books listed above. I need to seriously find a balance between work & life outside of work. I only read about 40 books this year. I feel behind.
- Stop buying Kindle books when I'm bored - For real... I already have too many books to read, especially in my Kindle app! Plus, I'm trying to save money. I gotta calm down.
- Get a Kindle - lol Okay, I know I sound like I'm contradicting myself, BUT! Reading on my iPad sucks. I just have no idea which type of Kindle to get.