Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top 5 Books & Goals

I realize I haven't posted anything since October. I think the amount of blog entries I post will continue to be scarce, but hopefully I find a balance next year. Anyway, since I'm on break, I decided to make an end-of-year list!

Top 5 Favorite Books I Read in 2014

  • Chaos by Sarah Fine - The conclusion to one of my favorite series that I believe deserves more attention. I'm sad it's over, but I couldn't have asked for a better ending.
  • Easy by Tammara Webber - This book definitely lived up to all the high praise it has received. It was an emotional and amazing read.
  • Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews - One of my favorite urban fantasy series. Each book has been awesome and addicting so far. 
  • Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine - Loved the characters and the setting. It would have been satisfying as a stand-alone, but having a sequel makes it even better.
  • Spiral by Mila Ferrera - This book surprised me. It was unexpected, heartbreaking, and different from other new adult stories I've read.

Top 5 Books Released in 2014 I Still Need to Read

  • Breakable by Tammara Webber - Well, I loved Easy, so of course I need to read this one.
  • Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - I've been waiting YEARS for this!
  • Rival by Penelope Douglas - Loved Madoc in the first two books.
  • Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead - I actually started this months ago. I need to finish it so that I can get excited for The Ruby Circle.
  • This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - The first book was amazing, and I'm sure this will be too.

Top 5 Books Releasing in 2015 I Can't Wait to Read

  • Blood Queen by Rhiannon Hart - It was suppose to come out this year, but the release date moved to 2015. That cliffhanger from book 2...!
  • Burned by Karen Marie Moning - Another one that was suppose to come out this year. I'm pretty much dying for this book!
  • End of Days by Susan Ee - I had a feeling it would be out next year, but I'm shocked it's coming out in May. That's not too far. Yay!
  • Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine - Although the first book could have been a stand-alone, I was so happy when I found out there was going to be a sequel!
  • The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I think the Covenant series will always be my favorite books by JLA, so I'm very excited for this spinoff!

Top 5 Bookish Goals for 2015
  • Buy a bookshelf - There's stacks of books growing on my floor because I ran out of shelf space...  I need a new one! I plan on buying a 5-shelf case next month.
  • Go to a book event - I caught a cold (which almost led to bronchitis) & missed YALLFest in November. I was so disappointed! Some of my favorite authors were there this year too. :'( I'm hoping to try again in 2015. And maybe the SC Book Festival in May.
  • Read at least 25 books - That includes those 10 books listed above. I need to seriously find a balance between work & life outside of work. I only read about 40 books this year. I feel behind.
  • Stop buying Kindle books when I'm bored - For real... I already have too many books to read, especially in my Kindle app! Plus, I'm trying to save money. I gotta calm down.
  • Get a Kindle - lol Okay, I know I sound like I'm contradicting myself, BUT! Reading on my iPad sucks. I just have no idea which type of Kindle to get.

14 comments:

  1. Alexa! I haven't heard from you in a while. You must be awfully busy. I wish you all the best of 2015. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read an Ilona Andrews book already. Everyone seems to love all of hers.

    I still need to read Isla and the Happily Ever After too. I can't believe I haven't yet. I was looking forward to it so much and then I just let it slip right by me. As for Silver Shadows it is AMAZING and has me so pumped for The Ruby Circle that it is crazy. Definitely have it pre-ordered! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am looking forward for your blogs.I am a daily reader of your blogs and i like those that what you are posting.I am very thankful for each of your sharing.anyway i am James,working for resume writing service.An incredible resume doesn't simply let them know what you have done however makes the same affirmation that every single great promotion do: On the off chance that you purchase this item, you will get these particular, direct advantages. It presents you in the best light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much inspired with the documents you have shared. Thanks a lot, this was much useful and handy. So much inspired with the documents you have shared. Thanks a lot, this was much useful and handy. Please do help me suggest
    The Best School in Perambur
    The Best School in Vyasarpadi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Your Blog is More informative. And Really has a nice collection of books. Check out my site Tamil Desiyam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  8. This is very interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.Uniraj BA 3rd Year ResultI have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice website your themes are very impressive one i like theme color Very useful Blog to me.

    Srikala Novels

    ReplyDelete