Saturday, October 23, 2010

In My Mailbox #29

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren, inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Bought:
The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley Armstrong
A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
Stargazer (Evernight, #2) by Claudia Gray

Won:
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

I won Speak, Twenty Boy Summer, and Dreamland from Marie at Marie Loves Books through her Speak Loudly giveaway. Thank you so much, Marie! :) I've already read (and loved) Twenty Boy Summer. Real glad to have a copy! Speak I just finished yesterday, and it was good. It'll be messed up if these two books get banned at that school district where they're currently being challenged, so I really hope that doesn't happen.

The other books (The Awakening, A Certain Slant of Light, and Stargazer) I bought off eBay because they were pretty cheap. I read The Awakening & Stargazer months ago, but I love those series, so I seriously needed to buy my own copies. :D (Now all I need are the first books for those series! I plan on buying them soon.) I finished A Certain Slant of Light the other day, and I loved it! Wish I had bought it sooner. I heard there will be a sequel; can't wait to read it whenever it comes out.

And that's it for this week! :)

11 comments:

  1. Great mailbox!

    I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, amazing books this week! I have A Certain Slant of Light on my TBR, and I can't wait to read it! >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Twenty Boy Summer and loved it as well. Why would anyone want to ban it??

    Here's my IMM: http://readersdialogue.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the wins! you have a lot of great reading ahead of you. enjoy!

    if you have time, check out our in my mailbox HERE .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been interested in A Certain Slant of Light. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it. Grats on winning a bunch of books!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a few goodies this week. I love Twenty Boy Summer and The Awakening. I never read Dreamland by Sarah Dessen interested to hear what you think. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool lilttle stash. twenty boy summer is such a beautifully written debut and I though Speak had the most compelling prose! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww I just loved A Certain Slant of Light. You got some fabulous books this week! Have you read the first Evernight book? I was underwhelmed and I haven't gotten around to the rest of the series :( enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jen: Yup, I've read the first one. Just finally getting around to buying the books. I know, not everyone liked Evernight; it's just one of those series. hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read the first one - the Summoning? I think. But A Certain Slant of Light is really, really amazing - so is Twenty Boy Summer! Anyway, hope you enjoy all your new books this week! Have a great week :)

    Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

    ReplyDelete