Monday, November 22, 2010

Detour Postcards - California


After reading and loving Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, some GoodReads friends and I were inspired to send each other postcards! Since we weren't able to go on road trips ourselves, we figured postcards would be the next best thing. Over the past two months, about eight of us (from 5 different countries) participated in sending each other postcards. Now, I'm showcasing the postcards I've received so far.

As you all know, I love sending and receiving postcards, so I'm excited to finally post my first Detour Postcards blog entry. I decided to start with the postcards I received from Arlene, who lives in California, because California was the state where Amy and Roger began their epic detour!

Los Angeles, CaliforniaHollywood BoulevardBook Lover!

USA Stamps
On the back of the Los Angeles postcard, it says: "A view at dusk showing the impressive skyline of the largest city in the West." And on the back of the Hollywood Boulevard postcard, it says: "The sights of Hollywood Boulevard at night. Hollywood Highland and the Hollywood sign."

I love the views on those postcards! Nightviews are so pretty. I've never been to California before, but I would love to go there one day, especially to visit Yosemite National Park. (Amy and Roger actually went to Yosemite in the book. I loved that one scene where they had to-- Sorry, I'll stop there! I can't give out spoilers. hehe) The Book Lover postcard I received the other day. I think it's really fitting, since other than loving books, this all started because of a book!

Big thanks to Arlene for the postcards! Stay tuned for the next Detour where I'll be finishing off North America. ;)

1 comment: