Wednesday, December 1, 2010

10 Things About Me

I was tagged by Nic @ Irresistible Reads with this blog award! Now I have to list 10 things that you don't know about me.

1. Every few months, I have a dream (or actually, nightmare) where a wild animal (like a bear, tiger, or lion) is running around my neighborhood eating people. It scares me so much! Thankfully I haven't gotten eatten yet.

2. AJ is my first and middle initial. I've never been called AJ before. But I chose it for my blog because I knew there would be a lot of Alexas. ;)

3. My mom is Mexican & my dad is Puerto Rican. I've been to Mexico twice (years ago; my dad drove both times & it took 3 days to get there). I think passports are required now though, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to go next. I know, I really should invest in a passport. I've never been to Puerto Rico. Plane tickets are too expensive, but hopefully I can go there one day. Puerto Rico is a US terriotory, so no passport needed. :)

4. I don't like the word "goody" (or "goodies"). No idea why that word irritates me.

5. When I was a kid, I use to find money on the ground all the time. I guess since I was short, I spotted these things easily. Once, I even found a $100 bill outside! I spent it all on junk. Why can't I find that much now? I really want to buy some books right about now. :P

6. I have braces. It's common in the US, and the average for wearing braces varies from 2 to 4 years. Guess how long I've had to endure the torture? It'll be 10 years next Febraury. I don't tell much people that because it makes me feel embarrassed. People assume I must have had really horrible teeth, but that's not the case. Just bad luck and stubborn teeth. But there is good news. I know for a fact that I'll get them off next year. *relieved*

7. I got a new brother yesterday. haha He's a chihuahua named Negrito, and his picture is on the right. I don't think he likes me. Meanie...

8. The previous dog my parents had was a pekingese named Pancho. He was even meaner! I have a scar on my leg to prove to it. :(

9. I have a fear of vomiting. I use to throw up a lot when I was a kid. Don't know why. I'm proud to say I haven't thrown up in 10 years! (Yes, I've kept count.) I also have a fear of smelling vomit or seeing/hearing someone vomit. I tell people to let me know if they start feeling nauseous. That way I can get away from them as quickly as possible. ;P

10. I'm going to be honest. It took me forever to come up with this list! My mind always goes blank when I do these things. lol

I tag Kulsuma (sunshine and stardust) and Basma Aal (In Between the Lines).

4 comments:

  1. Wow Alexa, great post! Braces for 10 years, that is a long time. I have never had braces and the dentist kind of scares me. You are going to have beautiful teeth when you get them off. And that is pretty awesome finding a $100 as kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Of course I was nosy and had to read your list=) You're so lucky to have found 100 dollars. The most I ever found was a £10 pound note! I also have a strange, recurring nightmare about a fisherman with a hook. Must be because I watched I Know What You Did Last Summer as a kid.

    You tagged me! Shall have to ponder over this as I'm not very interesting unfortunately...hmm *strokes (the proverbial) moustache*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nic! :) I really can't wait to get these things off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kulsuma: hehe I seriously can't remember what I spent it on. I wish I was lucky enough to find that much now. That fisherman dream sounds scary. Does he come after you? x_x And don't worry; you'll come up with something! ;)

    ReplyDelete