Friday, December 31, 2010

Books in 2010 Survey

Found this survey through Steph Su Reads!

1. Best book of 2010 - Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. I love this book so much! I read it back in January, and almost a year later, no other book has been able to top it. My favorite book ever!

2. Worst book of 2010 - Dark Flame by Alyson Noel. I use to love this series. I think Ever is the problem.

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010 - Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I heard so much great things about this book/series, and I thought I was going to love it. But when I was reading it, it was a struggle to get through. I really didn't feel much of anything by the time I was done.

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010 - Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. There basically weren't any reviews out when I started reading the ARC. I thought it was going to be a dark contemporary, involving mental disorders. So it was a complete surprise when I started to realize that it was a paranormal. I also didn't realize how good and addicting it would be from the very beginning!

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010 - Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. And anything written by Melina Marchetta! I felt like a broken record. haha I will continue to recommend it and all her books.

6. Best series you discovered in 2010 - Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong. I have a huge crush on Derek, and I love the Chloe/Derek pairing! I've even started reading C/D fanfiction.

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010 - MELINA MARCHETTA. Kelley Armstrong. Simone Elkeles. The authors I can't wait to read more books: Stephanie Perkins, Kelly Creagh, Tara Kelly, Tabitha Suzuma, Jandy Nelson, and Morgan Matson.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010 - It's a tie between The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner and Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta. These two cracked me up so much!

9. Book that made you cry the hardest in 2010 - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. For a few days after I read the book, I felt depressed and cried myself to sleep. :(

10. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010 -There were lots I couldn't put down. But I do remember I didn't stop for anything when I was reading Mockingjay.

11. Book you most anticipated in 2010 - It's between Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta. Actually, I anticipated TPS for 2011, but when a friend lent me her Aussie copy a few weeks ago, well...I could not wait!!

12. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010 - I can't pick just one!
Amy & Roger's Epic
Detour by Morgan Matson
The Piper's Son
by Melina Marchetta
Chasing Brooklyn
by Lisa Schroeder
13. Most memorable character in 2010 -This is hard. Lots of great characters. I'll go with... Jonah Griggs and Taylor Markham from Jellicoe Road. They are awesome. Even better when they're together!

14. Most beautifully written book in 2010 -This is another tough one. I'd say Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta and The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson.

15. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010 - Definitely Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. It was the first time I had ever felt speechless and blown away after reading a book. And because of this book, I found my favorite author.

16. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read - Well, I didn't really start reading until 2009/2010 anyway, but the book I wish I didn't put off was A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. I had it on my wishlist since January 2010. When I finally read it in October, I couldn't put it down; it was so good!

I'll be putting up a list of my top 2010 reads next (maybe later today or tomorrow...or whenever I get around to it). :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....not much of a fan of On The Jellicoe Road are you! LOL. Me too! Best Book Ever :)

    ReplyDelete