Sunday, January 2, 2011

POC Reading Challenge 2011

Art by PET.
This year I'm going to participate in the Persons of Color Reading Challenge. The POC challenge is for readers to read books with characters of color or books written by authors of color. To find out more about the challenge and to sign-up, visit the 2011 sign-up page at the POC blog.

Updated June 29
My goal is to read at least three POC books, which is Level 1. Here are the books I have read so far this year:

Legend by Marie Lu [my review]
Invisible Touch by Kelly Parra [my review]
The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder [my review]

The Bridge by Jane Higgins [★★★★]
If I Tell by Janet Gurtler [my review]


And these are books I am hoping to read next for the challenge:
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
Fury of the Phoenix by Cindy Pon

Be sure to check out the POC blog, if you're interested in participating. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment