Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels I'm Dying To Read

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It's a weekly meme featuring
book-related lists. This week's topic is ten not-yet-released sequels we are dying to read.


1. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta - AHHH! Of course this is #1! This is the sequel to Finnikin of the Rock. I loved Finnikin so much! I was extremely ecstatic when I found out there would be sequel. This book comes out in Australia on October 3, so thankfully the wait doesn't feel too long! I've read the first chapter extract already and...whoa. This is going to be freakin' EPIC! Melina Marchetta is a genius!

2. Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh - Varen! The first book Nevermore took me by surprise with it's unique, dark and haunting story! I need this book right now! I've already waited a year for it, and sadly, it looks like I'll have to wait another year for it's release.

3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - Okay, so this is more of a companion than a sequel, but hey, I couldn't help it! I adored Anna and Lola, and I cannot wait to read about Isla! My expectations are very high, I admit, but I'm not worried because Stephanie Perkins is amazing!

4. Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Daimon and Half-Blood were completely awesome (and aren't the covers amazing?)! The characters, the story, the action, the romance were all so freakin' good! I'm dying to know what happens with Alex and Aiden. Armentrout is definitely an author to watch!

5. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead - I fell 100% in love with Adrian in Bloodlines, which shocked me since I honestly didn't care about him in Vampire Academy (don't hurt me!). I knew I would love Sydney, and she was as awesome as I expected. With the way the first book ended...man, I NEED to know what happens next!

6. Indelible by Lani Woodland - I adored the first book Intrinsical! Woodland did such a good job with Yara and Brent's relationship and the way she revealed all the important details. I'm super excited for this book, especially since I've heard it's even better, and curious to know what the ghost story will be about in this book.

7. Unwholly by Neal Shusterman - Unwind is probably my favorite dystopia ever (yes, it even beats The Hunger Games)! It's perfect as a stand-alone, but I was so excited when I found out Shusterman was working on a sequel. Not sure what it's about; however, I have a feeling it's going to be amazing!

8. Under the Light by Laura Whitcomb - This is like a sequel/companion, probably more of a companion, to A Certain Slant of Light, which I didn't realize I would LOVE until I actually read it. I'm so glad Whitcomb wrote this because I need to know what happens with Jenny and Billy!

9. Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson - Hunting Lila was a thrilling story, and I really really loved the romance! Girls falling in love with their brother's best friend has always intrigued me. Plus, it was action-packed, and I want to know how they'll overcome the bad guys!

10. Magic Under Stone by Jaclyn Dolamore - This is the sequel to Magic Under Glass, and while I don't remember everything that happened in that book, I still can't wait for this one! Because I do remember thinking that I need more Nimira and Erris.

Well, I think my list is pretty freakin' awesome. There are some others that would have made this list, but since those sequels don't have titles yet...I decided not to include them. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I pretty much agree with this list! Although I am dying to read Pure and I haven't read Half-Blood yet. I am that sure I am going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete