Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mini-Reviews #4

The following mini-reviews are for books I read MONTHS ago. Even though I wish I had, I didn't write full reviews for these for different reasons, but I hope I managed to get my feelings across in each of these mini-reviews.

Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar / Released: June 29, 2009
There were a lot of things I loved about this book. The writing and the characters, especially. I don't know anything about surfing, so I admit I wasn't always able to visualize what was happening during those parts. But, I just went with it and it didn't effect how I felt about everything else. I just wish the book didn't have to end. Carly was very easy to like. I've never been through, and I personally don't know anyone who's been through, what she has, but I could sympathize with her. I felt like I understood her anger and shame and fear, and I think the author did a wonderful job with Carly's character. I can't wait to read more from this author! Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren / Released: Feb. 1, 2011
Although the historical genre doesn't interest me all that much, I ended up being pretty curious about Waterfall after reading some great reviews. I just had a feeling I would like it. And after seeing this post (now if that doesn't convince you to read this book...), I knew I needed to read it! This book was way better than I could have ever hoped for! I loved the relationship between Gabi and Marcello. Both were amazing and likable characters. And there was a lot of kick-butt action that made me an even bigger fan of the characters. The author did such a great job, and I seriously cannot wait to read the second book and the rest of the series! Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Blood Destiny by Tessa Dawn / Released: December 1, 2010
I remember thinking that some characters were a bit too perfect and that I didn't feel like I knew the leading female character Jocelyn. Apparently she's a Homeland Security agent, but honestly, if I didn't know that before reading the book, it would have never crossed my mind. There was another female character, Joelle, and her story was extremely heartbreaking. I wish things had ended differently for her because she deserved so much better. I would also like to mention that this book has very graphic and disturbing, gory violence. I think some readers will probably be very put off by that. So, just giving a warning to those who don't like to read those types of books. Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I have a couple of Krisi Eagar's books that I have yet to get to. Raw Blue and Saltwater Vampires...Guess I should get to it, huh? I have Blood Destiny as well...can you hear the panic in my voice? Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for venturing into the River of Time with WATERFALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! Love the Raw Blue love! And I've been wanting to read Waterfall since seeing all the raves on it, so I'm happy to see your recommendation, too!

    ReplyDelete