Wednesday, May 30, 2012

30 Days of Daemon Tour: What to Watch While You Wait for Onyx & Daemon

Complete list of tour stops here.

ONYX's release date is all the way on August 14. I know, such a long ways away! Well, if you have no idea how you're going to pass the time between now and then, I have some suggestions for alien and sci-fi shows and movies that you can watch while you wait for ONYX and Daemon! My suggestions may or may not be the most popular suggestions, but they are all ones that I really enjoyed. There will also be some quick suggestions from fellow book blogger Brie @ Confessions of the Reading Housewife!

TV Show - Roswell
Roswell is probably the best suggestion on my list for fans of the Lux series. It's set in high school and there's hot aliens! Liz, the main character, is saved by a mysterious boy from her school named Max after being shot while working at the local diner. That one act changes and intertwines their lives forever as Liz soon finds out Max isn't from this world.

I love this show so much. It's filled with plenty of alien drama, action, and romance! It's three seasons long with a total of 61 episodes, which should keep you busy if you decide to watch it! And this show is actually based on the YA series Roswell High by Melinda Metz. I admit, I didn't particularly like the books, but hey, you could always add those books to your 'What I Should Do While I Wait for Daemon--I mean, Onyx!' list.

Max vs Daemon - About the only thing Max and Daemon have in common is that they're hot aliens with powers. Because their personalities are way different! Max is nice and sweet and a good guy. And we all know how Daemon is. hehe So, I would say Max is a bit more like Dawson. There is a bad boy alien in Roswell though! Max's best friend Michael. Michael's relationship with Liz's friend Maria was my favorite in the series, although it was very frustrating at times, but sometimes it's all worth it in the end!

Brie's suggestions: Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1



Movie - Contact
Contact has way less aliens than Obsidian and Roswell. But it does ask the question, "Is there life on other planets?" The movie follows Dr. Ellie Arroway as she tries to prove that there's extraterrestrial life. She makes a breakthrough once she discovers a radio transmission sent from somewhere out of this world and gets the opportunity to make contact.

There are so many things I loved about this movie. It reminded me how I still wonder if there's aliens out there and if we'll ever know. I have watched this movie three times already, and I'll most likely watch it again in the future. The movie is based on a book, Contact by Carl Sagan, which I have not read, BUT maybe you can add it to your list as well.

Palmer vs Daemon -  Palmer Joss isn't an alien and his personality is vastly different from Daemon's. But both have this in common: they are very pleasing to the eyes! Palmer has great chemistry with Ellie, even though their views on certain subjects seem to differ greatly. Just like with Daemon and Katy's relationship, I loved how Palmer and Ellie's relationship was so well done. It was definitely one of my favorite aspects of the movie! Oh yeah, I also couldn't help but to swoon over Palmer's accent. I never got tired of hearing him talk.

Brie's suggestions: Men in Black and War of the Worlds



Anime - Outlaw Star
Outlaw Star takes place in outer space. I'm not even sure if they're in the same galaxy as Earth! So I think it's safe to say that every character is an alien. The series centers on the outlaw Gene Starwind, and with the help of the spaceship Outlaw Star and his crew, Gene journeys across space to find the elusive Galactic Leyline in hopes of finding answers for one of his crew members, the bio-android Melflina.

This is my favorite anime of all time! It has a total of 26 episodes, so it's not too long or too short. It may not be the most unique story in the sci-fi world, but I still think it's an awesome series. It's full of action (spaceship battles!) and lots of hilarious moments mixed in with serious moments. I highly recommend it to anime fans!

Gene vs Daemon - It's strange comparing Gene and Daemon. If they were to ever meet, I can't imagine they would best buds. Gene is reckless at times and likes doing things his way. He's a bit of a ladies man (and he's pervy!). But he's determined and has a vulnerable side, which usually comes out when he thinks about his dead father. He tends to show his soft and caring side to Melfina. I guess that could be something he has in common with Daemon. Gene's relationship with Melfina was developed gradually, and it was perfect to me! Love them together!

Brie's suggestions: Tenchi Muyo and Crest of the Stars


That's it for my alien/sci-fi suggestions. Thanks to Brie for hers! Have you watched any of these?

Which alien shows or movies would you suggest to those waiting for Onyx?

For the complete list of Daemon blog stops, check out the schedule on Entangled's site here.

3 comments:

  1. Love these recommendations! Hmm... what would I suggest... Well, Farscape is fantastic. Unlike a lot of sci-fi shows, it has a very prominent romantic arc between the two main characters and their chemistry is fantastic. Star Wars... the original... I mean Han & Leia? Seriously good "I-hate-you-but-I-love-you" stuff. Firefly and the newer sci-fi show, Falling Skies are excellent too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! I love everything that you picked! Great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of any of these, but I'll look them up anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete