Monday, November 19, 2012

Reviews: Bound to Moonlight by Nina Croft & Love's Greatest Gift by Amy Gamet

Bound to Moonlight by Nina Croft
Release Date: November 12, 2012 / Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Bound to Moonlight is the second book in the Sisters of the Moon series. I would recommend reading the first story called Bound to Night before this one because it introduces characters that appear in both books and are important to the story.

This series has been enjoyable for me so far. I had no expectations going in when I read book 1, and I ended up really liking Tasha and Jack's story. While that story is still my favorite, I found Bound to Moonlight to be an entertaining read all on it's own. It's about a woman with telepathic powers named Anya and the werewolf Sebastian, who played a pretty big part in Bound to Night. Anya happens to be one of the sisters that Tasha was searching for. Anya is a nice character. I liked her. Sebastian actually left the biggest impression on me in the first book, and I was happy he was getting his chance in the spotlight.

Since it's a short story, the pace is quick but there's enough action and hot, steamy moments. The only reason it didn't top Bound to Night for me is because I wanted a bit more from both Anya and Sebastian. I found Sebastian to be pretty tamed in this one, and Anya didn't stand out as much as Tasha. Overall, it was a good read, and I'm curious about the next book Bound to Secrets.


Love's Greatest Gift by Amy Gamet
Release Date: October 15, 2012 / Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Love's Greatest Gift is a novella about a woman named Meghan, desperately trying to find a bone marrow match for her 15-year-old daughter. When she goes back to her hometown to ask for help from her family, she ends up meeting her estranged husband who she hasn't seen in eight years.

It's a quick and easy read, and the story flowed nicely. It gave a pretty good glimpse of the characters, and I found myself rooting for Liam. He's an admirable person and just the type of man any woman would want to be with. Meghan, I admit, annoyed me a bit. I couldn't believe she would believe someone else over the man she has loved for years and years. She could have at least confronted Liam, but she chose to run away with their daughter. In the end, she did redeem herself in my eyes though.

If you're in the mood for a short story about love and forgiveness set during the Christmas season, check out Love's Greatest Gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment