Saturday, December 22, 2012

Reviews: Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn & Body Heat by Susan Fox

Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn
Release Date: April 23, 2012 / Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

It's no surprise I found Tempting the Best Man to be enjoyable and addicting. Jennifer L. Armentrout (J. Lynn is her pen name for her adult novels) knows how to keep readers hooked. And she definitely knows how to make her stories scorching hot! I loved the hilarious banter and all the tension between Madison and Chase. They were great characters and made a perfect couple. I didn't want their story to end!

This actually would have been a perfect five stars for me if it weren't for the last bit. I know this story isn't as long as a regular novel, but I think the ending shouldn't have been rushed (at least it felt rushed to me). For the most part, this story had a good pace. But as soon as Madison and Chase did the deed...everything went faster. The conflict was resolved quickly. I wish it had been a little longer so the pacing and development wouldn't have had to speed up that much.

None of that overshadowed how fun and hot this book was though. I'm definitely looking forward to reading about the other Gamble brothers and more of J. Lynn's titles!



Body Heat by Susan Fox
Release Date: November 27, 2012 / Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Body Heat featured Maura Mahoney, a woman who has never had much excitement in her thirty years of life, and Jesse Blue, a handsome man who may just be a criminal. Maura and Jesse couldn't be more opposite, but for some reason, they are very attracted to one other. The entire book is about them denying their attraction and having sexy fantasies about each other.

Maura was a pretty frustrating character. She tended to make assumptions about Jesse without asking for the truth. Jesse did too to an extent, but I didn't feel he was nearly as judgmental as Maura. Although this book had its serious moments here and there, it was definitely more of a funny and romantic read. Maura and Jesse were constantly fantasizing about each other. They weren't sweet and cute fantasies either. They were pretty damn hot! I actually didn't mind all these fantasies at first; however, after a while, I think they were overdone. I understood these characters really wanted each other, so I just wanted some actual interaction between them. I wanted those fantasies to become a reality. It eventually happened, of course, but the wait was a bit too long.

Body Heat was filled with drama, sexual tension, and humorous moments. The concept wasn't groundbreaking, but if you're looking for a light and easy read, this book might just be for you.

2 comments: