Friday, February 8, 2013

Series Review: Magic Burns & Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews
Release Date: April 1, 2008 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I really do believe the series gets better with each book; however, I would like to say that I liked the plot a tiny bit more in Magic Bites than in Magic Burns. I have to admit that things kind of went over my head at some points in this book. I always couldn't keep up with all the goddess and witch talk. I think that may have only been me though, and honestly, it didn't affect how I felt overall about this book (I mean, I gave it 5 stars for a reason!). The thing that no doubt gets better and better in this book? The characters and the relationships!

Kate continues to kick ass. She goes all out! Guns blazing! (Or err...sword blazing?) We learn more about her past, and the dots gradually start connecting.  A new character is introduced called Julie, and I felt she brought out more of Kate's protective side. Kate would definitely make a wonderful mama one day! I can't forget to mention that there's more Curran too! The chemistry between them is intensifying, and it's just a matter of time before their restraint cracks. It's going to be awesome!



Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews
Release Date: March 31, 2009  / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I can't even imagine the kind of research that goes into this series. So far, every book in the series focuses on unique mythology from around the world, and it seems to get more and more complex. It just shows the originality of this series and how dedicated the authors are at making sure they get all the details right.

My most favorite parts in this series are the Kate and Curran scenes. They are intense and hilarious whenever they're around each other. And oh my god! There was this one moment involving a hot tub... It was very very hot! I just can't get enough of their moments, and Curran makes me swoon like crazy. As for the rest of the characters: Jim, Derek, Andrea, Raphael, Dali, etc... They make such a cool and badass team. I love them all! I haven't read a whole lot of urban fantasy, but I'm positive the Kate Daniels series has the best characters out there. None of them frustrate me, and they're all extremely likeable. I wouldn't mind reading stories about every single one of them.

If you love reading urban fantasy and haven't started reading Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series, what are you waiting for? You're missing out on some epic books!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you're loving this series as much as I did! I can't praise it high enough. Of course my favorite part is Curran and Kate's romance, but everything else is amazing as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This entire series makes me happy. :D And I started reading it after I saw your updates on GR. Thanks! XD

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favourite series, I'm glad to hear you like it! I hope you like the rest of the series too. :)

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am loving the rest of the series! The authors can do no wrong with Kate Daniels. :)

      Delete