Sunday, February 3, 2013

Series Review: Walk of the Spirits & Shadow Mirror by Richie Tankersley Cusick

Walk of the Spirits by Richie Tankersley Cusick
Release Date: April 17, 2008 / Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I think what I loved the most about Walk of the Spirits was the great relationships Miranda's new friends had. They were different from each other. I never would have imagined a dark, goth-like girl hanging out with a cheerful cheerleader and the school's star football player. (Although there's a good reason why the dark chick and the cheerleader hang out.) And even though they teased each other all the time, they cared about each other a lot. Parker and Roo were just hilarious, and Gage was too cute!

I'm glad there's a sequel coming out or I would have been like, 'What? That's it?!' I need to know what happens with Miranda and Etienne. Hopefully there's a lot more romance between them.



Shadow Mirror by Richie Tankersley Cusick
Release Date: March 8, 2010 / Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I enjoyed Shadow Mirror as much as Walk of the Spirits! I have to quickly mention the romance. There is sort of a love-triangle. If you've read the other book, then you know which characters it involves. I can understand why it's such a hard decision for Miranda!

Anyway, like in the other book, we learn more history about St. Yvette. This time the Belle Chandelle plantation. Miranda has to figure out how to help three spirits trapped within a mirror. Her friends are there to help as well, and there even is an interesting twist with one of her friends that Miranda promised to keep secret. It was surprising, but it does explain a lot. We only learn a little bit about it though. And we find out some important family secrets involving two other friends of Miranda's. I think we seriously need to know more about both secrets, so hopefully there is another book!

By the way, in the previous book, I thought Parker and Roo were equally hilarious. However, I think Parker had her beat in this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment