Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Reviews: Belonging by Kelley Armstrong & Knight Angels: Book of Love by Abra Ebner

Belonging by Kelley Armstrong
Release Date: November 14, 2011 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I adore Derek Souza! It was so great reading from his point of view. Belonging is a novella that takes place a few months after the events in The Reckoning, the final book in the Darkest Powers trilogy. We learn a bit more about the wolf side of Derek's family. What I loved the most though were the times he thought about Chloe and the moments he shared with her. It was too adorable! He's very protective of her and he goes overboard sometimes, but he tries really hard not to be overbearing. It's a good thing Chloe's really tough and always sets him straight. They really do make such a great team and perfect couple.

One last thing I can't help but to add: I was neutral towards Aunt Lauren in the books, but after reading this novella.... ARGH! I cannot stand that woman! Anyway, if you're a huge Chloe/Derek fan like me, I suggest you check out this wonderful short story.



Knight Angels: Book of Love by Abra Ebner
Release Date: April 26, 2010 / Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I liked all the main characters: Max, Jane, Wes, and Emily. But I didn't feel quite as connected to Max and Jane as I did Wes and Emily. Maybe it's because Max and Jane's relationship started off similarly to what I've read in other books. And I guess I felt more drawn to the other type of relationship I don't believe I've read about before. Wes and Emily had some pretty hot moments that I loved! There is, however, a major difference in Max and Jane's relationship that I think sets them apart from the couples in those other books, and it's this: Jane isn't so...innocent! Max on the other hand... haha Well, I really liked that! Because usually the boy has more experience or both are just "new to this," if you know what I mean.

I really wanted to know more about the angels and other beings, especially Jane's father and Greg. I am feeling a bit iffy about Greg's reason for why he turned against his family. I don't know... It didn't seem hardcore; hopefully, there's more to it. But other than that, I really enjoyed this book, and I wouldn't mind reading the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment