Sunday, March 24, 2013

Reviews: Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready & Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
Release Date: May 27, 2010 / Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

At first I wasn't feeling Shade. I admit all I kept thinking was: 'This love-triangle better not get on my nerves.' And actually, it did annoy me a bit. Because all of sudden this HOT, new guy is interested in Aura for whatever reason, and Aura's boyfriend seems immature and...pretty stupid. That's why it took me forever to get through the beginning. However, once I finally read further, it wasn't that bad. So the love-triangle ended up not bothering me, which was a good thing.

As for everything else that happened in the book, I really enjoyed it. Thought it was very interesting and unique. I really wanted to know exactly what was up with Aura and Zach. At the same time, not sure it's enough to make me want to pick up the sequel. I haven't heard good things about book two, which is too bad. It seemed like a promising series.



Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Release Date: April 24, 2010 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Mockingjay was so different from what I imagined it would be like. I went through so many emotions reading this book just like with the previous two novels in the Hunger Games series. But I have to say that while reading some of the last few chapters of this one...I was left with a feeling of wanting more. I wouldn't say it was rushed. Maybe I didn't want it to end. Maybe I was reading too fast. I don't know how to explain it. It all probably needs to sink in.

Anyway, yes, I loved it. Mockingjay had some really amazing moments. And of course, there were a lot of dark, sad, scary moments that shocked me and almost made me cry. I could go on and on, but I'm still a bit shocked. So, I will say that the ending was bittersweet. And I got a bit teary-eyed. It was an unexpected and fascinating end to an awesome series.

No comments:

Post a Comment