Saturday, March 2, 2013

Series Review: Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: September 2011 / My Rating: 4.5/5 stars

AND THIS IS A DEBUT AUTHOR?!


I was completely and utterly blown away by this book. Everything about it was great; the pacing, character development, settling, atmosphere... Ms. Armentrout has a way with words that just can not be matched.

I love Alexandria Andros as our heroine. She's strong even through her weaknesses and her sarcastic, smart-ass mouth is hilarious. Her mindset is something to be revered. She's one bad-ass chick and girls always need someone to look up to. And the love interest, Aiden... For the love of daimon babies, that boy is hot.

I tend to shy away from things that people try to change when it's awesome all on its own, but Jennifer L. Armentrout has made me see the light. JLA took Greek Mythology and flipped it on its head as she twisted it and made it her own, and frankly I loved every minute of it. I'm so excited to see what she has in store for this series and any other upcoming works.



Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: March 2012 / My Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Ever since my best friend, Aj started my obsession with Half-Blood, I've been one hooked fish; and that was just the beginning. Pure started off with a fight and keep me enthralled through out the story.


There is so much I want to say, but I can't with out spoiling the book! Alex is as strong as ever and the newest developments have me in desperate need of the next book in the series, Deity.

First of all, my heart was truly thrown into turmoil because Seth open up somewhat and we got to see the sweet side of who he could be(I'm rooting for this underdog). I totally fell in love. But there are storms brewing, especially with the things going on in Aiden's head and heart. I'm beyond confused now!

I cried. I laughed. I screamed. And I nearly had multiple strokes while hiding at my part-time job so I could sneak in some reading time. *wink wink*

An over all awesome read that I ate up and marinated on for days. If you haven't read a JLA book yet, you don't know what you're missing.



Deity (Covenant, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: November 2012 / My Rating: 5/5 stars (Can we make that a 10/5?)
** I received an ARC from the publisher

I'm trying my best, but this isn't going to be spoiler free. Mild spoilers ahead.

I have to start off with saying that Deity is the best book I've read by Jennifer L. Armentrout to date! It's that "Oh My GODS". Let's say it together now: OH... MY... GODS!

JLA opens Deity with a dream sequence which gave us a twisted flashback to Pure, then we're pretty much back to sharing a bed with Seth, Alex wanting him out of her bed, and all the things that she'd left behind during her trip to New York returning to haunt her.

And let me tell you that the 'Ish' hit the fan majorly.


Alexandria is feeling even more alone with Seth always lurking(I've given up on him now) and Marcus becoming even more creepy than usual. But we got what we had been begging for since the beginning of the series- Aiden St. Delphi, hotness galore. It's entirely too much to handle that the entire world implodes on itself.

Jennifer doesn't seem to know what she's doing to her loyal fan base, because my life completely stopped for the release of Deity. The wait until the next book is slowly killing me and I have no idea how I'm continuing on... The ending of Deity is more than anything anybody expected and I'm sure to hear the outrage and rioting fans soon.

I'm ready to read everyone else's opinions as soon as possible. I hope you ladies enjoy the ride as much as I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment