Monday, May 13, 2013

Series Review: Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods & Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins

Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins
Release Date: July 1, 2005 / Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

This is book three in the Underland Chroincles, and it might be my favorite book in the series so far. I love the characters. Gregor, Luxa, Boots, Temp, Ripred, and Ares are all great. And I can totally understand why Ripred is Suzanne Collins's favorite character.

Since this series is for a younger audience, it's a bit more lighter and funnier than The Hunger Games. But really, it's not that much different. Sad things happen. There's war and hunger and death. And there's creepy stuff too. (Like with what happened to a bat in the previous book or the plague in this book. Really grossed me out.) There was a quote I wrote down from the first book that really made me think of The Hunger Games, but I misplaced the paper I wrote it down on. Don't want to give spoilers, so I would say it was something like....life would never be the same but at least they had each other.



Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins
Release Date: May 1, 2007 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

The fifth and final book in the engrossing Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins. I think people would have been prepared for Mockingjay if they had read the Underland Chronicles first, especially this book. And I remember people complained about the epilogue in Mockingjay, and well...at least it got an epilogue

I had a couple of questions about the ending, and I planned on listing them in this review. But I think I probably just need some time to really think about it and figure it out on my own. Use my imagination, which is what Suzanne Collins would probably say to me if I asked her these questions.

Anyway, the Underland Chronicles was a thought-provoking and touching series! I wonder what Suzanne Collins' next book or series will be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment