Sunday, December 15, 2013

Reviews: Daimon & Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Daimon (Covenant, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: April 19, 2011 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

It wouldn't feel right if I reviewed all the books (including the other novella) in the series and didn't also review the prequel Daimon. So here are my thoughts on Daimon after reading it back in July 2011:

I wanted to read Jennifer L. Armentrout's Covenant series because I loved the covers. I went into this prequel novella not knowing what to expect but hoping that I would find the story to be just as appealing as the covers. I'm glad to say that it was good. REALLY good.

Looks like book one, Half-Blood, starts off right where Daimon leaves off, so I highly recommend reading Daimon if you want to have an idea of what the Covenant series is going to be like and if you want a quick introduction to the heroine of the series Alexandria Andros. I think it's a great start, and I cannot wait to read more!



Sentinel (Covenant, #5)  by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: November 2, 2013 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

It's over. It almost feels like I'm dreaming. It's that surreal and bittersweet. Unlike the other books in the series, I savored Sentinel. I made sure I didn't read it all in one go because I didn't want the story to be over and I didn't want to let go of Alex and Aiden just yet.

Certain things that happened in the book were surprising, especially in the final chapters (I was crying, of course). But those moments led to an ending that was totally unexpected, yet utterly and completely satisfying. Sentinel is the type of conclusion I always hope for with series I read. It answered all my questions and didn't leave me feeling devastated. Even though I'm still going to miss Alex and Aiden so much, I'm happy with the conclusion they got. It was one that they both earned and deserved, and I get choked up just thinking about it. Seriously, I want to hug the author for writing an ending that left me content and smiling with tears in my eyes.

The Covenant series will always be one of my favorite series ever. I will never forget how addicting, funny, badass, and hot the entire series was. And I will never forget that it was the series that introduced me to the amazing story-telling of Jennifer L. Armentrout.

No comments:

Post a Comment