Saturday, March 8, 2014

Reviews: Blood of the Pride by Sheryl Nantus & The Escape by Shoshanna Evers

Blood of the Pride by Sheryl Nantus
Release Date: February 1, 2013 / Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

I would say Blood of the Pride managed to hold my interest, considering I was able to read it till the very end. However, I didn't think it was a stand out amongst other paranormal and urban fantasy novels I've read. I also felt that the characters weren't always consistent in the things they said. They would go on and on about the consequences of certain actions, yet later they would backtrack or change their mind. It was a little too convenient.

Blood of the Pride is book one in the series, and while I probably won't continue with it, I think if you want to give this book a shot you should go ahead and read it.



The Escape by Shoshanna Evers
Release Date: January 1, 2014 / Rating: 1.5 out of 5 stars

Unfortunately, I didn't like The Escape. I wish I did, but nothing in the story worked for me. All the characters suffered from a serious case of TSTL (too stupid to live). It must be one of those highly contagious diseases people are catching at the FEMA camps mentioned in the book. Because whoa. Their reasoning for doing some of the things they did made zero sense. They rarely used logic. It was unbelievable and a bit hilarious. I have no idea how they managed to survive everything that happened in this book, and I can't comprehend how they're even still living after the 'Pulse,' which happened a year ago and is the reason technology and most humans in America were wiped out. I guess these people are seriously lucky or everyone else around them is just dumber. Those are the only reasons that make sense to me.

I don't want to end this without saying at least something good about The Escape. So, I've thought of three things I liked. One would be that, although I haven't read the first book and all the books in the trilogy are connected, I didn't feel lost while reading this sequel. I was also able to read this fairly quickly. It was easy to get through. The final thing would be that I didn't get a headache, even though I wasn't enjoying it.

If you're still interested in reading this book or the entire trilogy, then that's your choice. I'm not going to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't read. But as for me, The Escape just wasn't for me, and I don't have any plans to read the other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment