Thursday, August 5, 2010

Top Ten of The Moment

Top Ten of the Moment is a meme hosted by Swimmer @ Breaking the Bookshelf! This week's theme is Top 10 Favorite Books of 2010. Note: This includes all books you've read in 2010 so far, even if they were published a different year.

It was actually difficult for me to make this list. I knew what #1 would be, but #2 through #10 were very hard because some of those books I just loved equally. There was no way I was going to figure it out, so I kind of had to randomly pick which book went where by putting them into categories. Also, keep in mind that since this year isn't over, this list just might change by the end of the year. (*cough* Mockingjay)

Favorite Novel:

1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


Favorite Tragedy Novels:

2. Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman
3. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma


Favorite Fantasy Novels:

4. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
5. The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner


Favorite Paranormal Novels:

6. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
7. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting


Favorite Contemporary Novels:

8. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
9. Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
10. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Honorable Mentions:
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Maybe this should have been a top 12 because I loved the books I put in Honorable Mentions! Did I mention how hard it was to come up with this list? Good thing these were only for books I've read so far in 2010. @_@ Anyway, I think I just might post an updated list at the end of this year. I might even add details as to why I love each book.

2 comments: