Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reviews: Tempting the Player by J. Lynn & The Kissing Coach by Mimi Strong

Tempting the Player by J. Lynn
Release Date: October 23, 2012 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

These Gamble books are such fun reads! They do what they're suppose to do, keeping me entertained and causing me to fan myself over all the heat coming off the pages. I really loved Bridget and Chad's story even more than Madison and Chase's. It was hotter and steamier... Just the way I like it!

What I felt was a rushed ending in Tempting the Best Man was not the case at all for Tempting the Player! The story was longer and had what I thought was the right pacing for this story. I was truly satisified with everything, especially the ending. It's a wonderful addition to the Gamble Brothers trilogy, and I can't wait to read the final story about Chandler!

Really, there's not much more I can say that hasn't already been said, but definitely check out these books if you enjoy HOT contemporary romance.



The Kissing Coach by Mimi Strong
Release Date: December 24, 2012 / Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings for The Kissing Coach. A few parts where actually pretty good, some were okay, but the rest for the most part left me feeling...disconnected.

I think overall this wasn't the type of story I enjoy reading. I never really warmed up to the main character Feather. She irritated me at times. I could not relate to her. Her past was the only aspect I thought was interesting about her. I found the love interest Devin to be a bit more likable, but like with Feather, he ended up frustrating me too.

While this story didn't impact me, it at least kept my interest enough that I was able to finish it. If you're curious about it, I would say go for it. It's a quick read.

2 comments:

  1. Again with the drool-worthy covers! I don't need to act all surprised that you loved JLynn's book but okay, loved that you loved it. :) The Kissing Coach looks yum and while it didn't float your boat, it warrants a look-see anyway.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, i have read this book before and you are right, ther is something about Feather that i found so annoying!! But overall i like it too.

    ReplyDelete