Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski
Release date: June 20, 2013
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Age Group: General adult 17+
Event organized by: AToMR Tours
From the author of the New York Times, USA Today & Wall Street Journal bestselling novel, THE EDGE OF NEVER, comes a story of passion and survival…
Sarai was only fourteen when her mother uprooted her to live in Mexico with a notorious drug lord. Over time she forgot what it was like to live a normal life, but she never let go of her hope to escape the compound where she has been held for the past nine years.
Victor is a cold-blooded assassin who, like Sarai, has known only death and violence since he was a young boy. When Victor arrives at the compound to collect details and payment for a hit, Sarai sees him as her only opportunity for escape. But things don’t go as planned and instead of finding transport back to Tucson, she finds herself free from one dangerous man and caught in the clutches of another.
While on the run, Victor strays from his primal nature as he succumbs to his conscience and resolves to help Sarai. As they grow closer, he finds himself willing to risk everything to keep her alive; even his relationship with his devoted brother and liaison, Niklas, who now like everyone else wants Sarai dead.
As Victor and Sarai slowly build a trust, the differences between them seem to lessen, and an unlikely attraction intensifies. But Victor’s brutal skills and experience may not be enough in the end to save her, as the power she unknowingly holds over him may ultimately be what gets her killed.
This is their story…
J.A. REDMERSKI’S FAVORITE QUOTES IN KILLING SARAI (in no particular order)
1. “I am discipline. Sarai is rage. I am aware of my choices at all times. Sarai’s choices are more aware of her, lying in wait to decide for her based on the severity of her mood with no intention in leaving her any conscious control over it.” – Victor Faust in Killing Sarai
I chose this quote because it is when Victor finally realizes the severity of the damage that living in the compound for nine years has done to Sarai. It’s a moment in the novel when that line between them ultimately fades, revealing just how much alike they really are.
2. “…if she presses me further with those soft lips and sad, vulnerable eyes I’ll succumb to the moment and either fuck her or kill her.” – Victor Faust in Killing Sarai
I think this quote was chosen for obvious reasons!
3. “Like me, the nightmares of his experiences have long since vanished, leaving only a morbid sense of normality to which nightmares no longer deem fit to visit.” – Sarai Cohen in Killing Sarai
This quote is meaningful in the way that it’s when Sarai, like I explained above in Victor’s quote, sees how much alike they are.
4. “You are wealthy, though no one needs to know where your money comes from, only that you have enough of it to wipe your ass with one hundred dollar bills every time you take a shit.” – Victor Faust in Killing Sarai
I love this quote because it shows a ‘sort of’ lighter side to Victor. This is from a scene where Victor is gearing Sarai up for taking on the role of a ‘rich brat’ as they go on a mission together.
5. “I don’t think that this thing between us is love, or even lust. It’s something else, something powerful and unmistakable that neither of us have been able to ignore. But it doesn’t have a face.” – Sarai Cohen in Killing Sarai
This quote is the moment when Sarai questions their feelings for one another and it’s meaningful because neither of them have ever been in love before. They don’t know what it feels like so they may never be sure….
6. “We sit in stillness, both looking out ahead, both married to our thoughts. I wonder if hers are about me. I can’t help but for mine to be about her.” – Victor Faust in Killing Sarai
I like this quote because through all of Victor’s brooding, mysterious nature, I think it really shows that deep down he is so much more than what he perceives himself to be. And it also reveals his growing feelings for Sarai.
J.A. Redmerski, New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of THE EDGE OF NEVER lives in North Little Rock, Arkansas with her three children and a Maltese. She is a lover of television and books that push boundaries and is a huge fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead.
Author social media links: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
This book sounds really interesting, doesn't it? I can't wait to read it. If you're curious about Killing Sarai as well, you're in luck! The author is giving away one ebook copy (Kindle or Nook) of Killing Sarai to a lucky reader of this blog! Giveaway is international and ends June 29. All you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter form below. Read my Giveaway Policy, and be sure to follow the directions. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway