Monday, February 18, 2013

Series Review: Magic Bleeds & Magic Dreams by Ilona Andrews

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews
Release Date: May 25, 2010 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

This series continues to put a smile on my face. Right now, Magic Bleeds is my absolute favorite out of all the books in the series. It's overflowing with nonstop epicness and hotness. I couldn't get enough!

If you've been wondering about Kate's family, this book will give you almost all the juicy answers. Not only that, we finally know whether or not Kate and Curran will get together. What I love the most about Kate and Curran's relationship is that Curran respects her. He doesn't try to be all mysterious, and he's honest and straight-up with her. On the other hand, Kate has to be secretive in order to protect the people she cares about, but I'm glad she doesn't hold back for long. She opens up to Curran, and it's quite clear that she never enjoyed being alone. The romance between them is not dragged out for the sake of drama and that is entirely refreshing. Basically, Kate and Curran fans will be satisfied with what occurs in this book!

Kate Daniels is definitely the best urban fantasy series out there, in my opinion! I'm so glad there are six more books in this series. Once this journey is over, I know I will be sad and missing the characters. I'll have to savor these books while I can.



Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels, #4.5) by Ilona Andrews
Release Date: June 26, 2012 / Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I was so excited to start reading this short story! After Kate and Curran, Jim and Dali's relationship is definitely the most intriguing one to me. They didn't have any romantic moments in the previous books, but it was hinted that Jim at least had feelings for Dali. It was wonderful to read about their growing relationship in Magic Dreams, and the mythology in this story was all kinds of fascinating!

My only problem with Magic Dreams is the length. I know it's a novella. I still wish it were longer! I wanted to continue reading more and more about them. Jim and Dali work so well together. And they're adorable together! Jim has such a strong presence, and Dali stands out with her humor and smarts. I heard the authors had planned a full length novel for them and unfortunately that idea fell through, which bummed me out! Hopefully we at least get more Jim/Dali novellas because I love their relationship and they are fun to read about. Make sure not to skip out on this story!

2 comments: