Friday, February 14, 2014

Reviews: Believe by Erin McCarthy & Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

Believe by Erin McCarthy
Release Date: January 21, 2014 / Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

After enjoying the previous books, True and Sweet, in the series, I was looking forward to reading book 3. Believe centered on Robin, a friend of Rory and Jessica, and Phoenix, the cousin of Tyler and Riley. The book featured both of their POVs, so I couldn't wait to find out how much I would like getting inside both their heads.

I liked Robin from the start. She changed a lot after a terrible mistake she made back in the summer, and I could feel her vulnerability and regret. It was easy to sympathize with her, especially since she was such a nice and caring person. I also liked how accepting she was of Phoenix because, I admit, I worried about how I would feel about him. He didn't leave me with the best impression in the very beginning. He had just gotten out of jail and he didn't exactly get along with Jessica, one of my favorites in the series. However, he truly proved himself like his cousins did in the other books. He was a wonderful, protective and good guy. As for Robin and Phoenix's relationship, I loved it! It was hot, sweet, and perfect, and I was completely satisfied with the way it developed.

Believe was yet another great addition to the True Believers series. I stayed up as late as I could to finish it, and I was a bit bummed out when it was over because I was enjoying Robin and Phoenix's story so much. Shatter will be the final book in the series, and I'm glad there's at least one more book to look forward to. Can't wait to read it!



Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy
Release Date: November 5, 2013 / Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

After being blown away by One Week Girlfriend and having my heart crushed by the ending, I could not wait to devour the sequel Second Chance Boyfriend. While the first book is my still favorite since it had my emotions all over the place, this sequel was the perfect conclusion to Drew and Fable's whirlwind love story.

In the beginning, I worried it would take awhile before Drew and Fable reconciled, but thankfully it didn't take long, which was a nice parallel to how hard and fast they fell for each other in the previous book. Their connection was still as powerful and deep, and their love for each other was all kinds of hot. It made me extremely happy! Their relationship wasn't all sunshine and rainbows though. I'm actually glad because they needed to learn to truly open up and trust one another in order to move forward and be together. They just went through a lot in both books. Their story was heartbreaking and emotional, yet beautiful and hopeful. It feels so good to know two deserving people found love, comfort, and peace with each other.

Second Chance Boyfriend was everything a Drew and Fable fan could have hoped for and more. I couldn't get enough of their moments, and the ending left me with a smile on face. It makes me really excited to continue on with the next book in the series, Jen and Colin's story Three Broken Promises. It sounds good!

No comments:

Post a Comment