Monday, April 19, 2010

Flipped (2010)

Guess what I just found out? Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen is going to be released as movie! It's already been filmed, and the release date is September 17, 2010. I loved this book; it's really cute! I read it about 7 years ago (omg yes, I'm getting old!). If you haven't read Flipped, here's the summary from GoodReads:

"Juli Baker devoutly believes in three things: the sanctity of trees (especially her beloved sycamore), the wholesomeness of the eggs she collects from her backyard flock of chickens, and that someday she will kiss Bryce Loski. Ever since she saw Bryce's baby blues back in second grade, Juli has been smitten. Unfortunately, Bryce has never felt the same. Frankly, he thinks Juli Baker is a little weird--after all, what kind of freak raises chickens and sits in trees for fun? Then, in eighth grade, everything changes. Bryce begins to see that Juli's unusual interests and pride in her family are, well, kind of cool. And Juli starts to think that maybe Bryce's brilliant blue eyes are as empty as the rest of Bryce seems to be. After all, what kind of jerk doesn't care about other people's feelings about chickens and trees?"


Screenshot from the movie! Madeline Carroll will be playing Juli Baker, and Callan McAuliffe will be playing Byrce Loski. (lol @ Byrce's outfit) I'm really excited about this movie! Flipped was one of the few books I read and enjoyed during my high school years. (I was never in the mood for reading while in high school. Too stressed out.) So I can't wait! Hopefully the movie is good! :D

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm so excited. We read this book in fifth grade and I loved it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete