Saturday, November 3, 2012

Review: Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 80
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Release Date: November 27, 2012
Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.
Even if it means making war against the gods.

My Thoughts: Oh Aiden Aiden Aiden... I didn't need this novella to convince me that Aiden is amazing and badass and the one for Alex. Because I already knew all this the moment he stepped back into Alex's life in Half-Blood, the first novel in the series. But I did desperately need this novella for my much needed Aiden fix AND to calm my nerves after reading the epicness that was Deity, which by the way ended on a huge cliffhanger! You can read my review for that book here.

Elixir begins where Deity, the third novel in the Covenant series, ended. (So, if you haven't read Deity, DO NOT read Elixir! It's going to majorly spoil Deity for you, and I promise you wouldn't want that.) If Deity left you traumatized and dying for the fourth novel Apollyon, be sure to read Elixir. You'll find out exactly what happened after the closing scene in Deity. This novella may only be 80 pages long, but it's packed with everything you expect to find in a Jennifer L. Armentrout novel. Character development, surprising revelations, and of course, romance.

What makes Elixir even better is that ALL of it is from Aiden's POV. And if you haven't already realized, I think he's the best male character in the series, and he's also one of my favorite male characters ever. He's intense, sweet, protective, and sexy. Seriously, I love Aiden to pieces. There was a part in the novella where he spoke Greek and holy crap... I don't even know how to read or speak Greek, but when he spoke that language... I was swooning like crazy. SO FREAKING HOT. The scene where it occurred actually wasn't a happy moment for him though. Throughout Elixir, you can feel how heartbroken and desperate he was to save Alex. He really would do anything for her, even sacrificing himself. He continues proving himself again and again, and I hope he gets the ending he undoubtedly deserves.

Elixir is a must read for Covenant fans, especially Aiden fans! It eased the pain of waiting for Apollyon just a bit, and it left me even more curious about how things will work out in that novel. Hopefully all the Aiden action we got in Deity and this novella continues into the final books of the series because he is truly an amazing character and person. I can't get enough of him!

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. This did help ease the anxiousness left by that horrible cliff in Deity! I hope the awesomeness between Aiden and Alex continues in the next books too. Great review Alexa. :)

    ReplyDelete